Thursday, November 08, 2007

Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start


Ohhhhhh Yeahhhhhh!

Contra. Just the word makes me want to dig threw my attic past all the spider webs, dust, boxes and bat nests. But all of that is worth just one little taste of Contra.

Anyone that grew up in the 80's, I guarantee, they have played this game. And it's a memory that sticks with you forever. Kinda like Duck Hunt and Super Mario Brothers, this was every ones "Next Game". Using the code above, (Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start) you automatically started the game with 30 lives. Otherwise you only got three and didn't get much farther than the first level, if at all. But once you've mastered the game with those 30 lives, and steal lives off of your friend, you can do it with just three. And when you proved to your friends that you could do it with just three, and in under an hour conquer the game, you were king, or in my case, Queen of the video game world. I could have started my own religion. People just don't believe it can be done with three lives. It takes skills! ;p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home