Thursday, November 08, 2007

Game Gear



Does anyone remember Sony's Game Gear? I had one, and not many other kids I knew did. In fact I didn't know anyone else that did.


While most people opted for Nintendo's Game Boy, I told my parents for Christmas I wanted a Game Gear. And I couldn't figure out why so many other people liked the Game Boy so much. Sure it had a decent selection of games, but the quality of the game and the Game Boy itself felt like I was playing a game from the local Kmart Digital Game Shelf. The color was Pea Green and you could only see the game if you held it at a certain angle. Now, however, they do have Game Boy color.


Game Gear was a nice 8-bit colored screen with lots of great games. I had a load of Sonic the Hedgehog games, Ecco the Dolphin, Mortal Combat, Pool, Racing, etc, etc. Besides the "accessories" of being able to plug it into the wall, plug into the car, and use headphones, this puppy had an attachment that was basically like a large magnifying glass you could put over the screen and made the characters about the size of your thumb and you could hold the Game Gear a distance from you, as you were playing, instead of holding it up to your nose. It even had an attachment to tune in TV and watch it from your Game Gear screen. That is AWESOME! (Especially if you're grounded in your room with "No Television" - Haha Mom!)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home