Sunday, November 04, 2007

My Crazy Addictions


GAH!


No Alcohol, Drugs, or Gambling for me. Try Lotions, Shampoos, Candles Bubble Bath and Soaps. Yes, it is an expensive addiction. Every time I go and get my hair cut I feel the overwhelming urge to buy brand new shampoo and conditioner...at least. If it's right after a payday, I'm grabbing hair "treatments", styling products, finishing products and anything else the sly little stylist can talk me into. (I did go to cosmetology college and learned the trade, and let me tell you there IS a difference in quality and products.) I get home and have to hide the bag or bags behind my back and sneak them into the bathroom so my boyfriend doesn't see them and give me "the look". He hates for me to "waste money", yet he comes to bed at night after a hot shower and smells of "cherry blossom".

Then comes Lotion. You don't even want to know how many different lotions I've got growing in my bedroom. I have the lotions for the "dry" skin, "itchy" skin, stuff that "just smells good", stuff with "fake tan inside", lotion with glitter inside, sparkles, smoothing beads, the list goes on and on. This is the only time my boyfriend won't put "just any" lotion on himself. First of all he "needs a really good reason to use lotion first" and if he does (sunburn, dry skin, etc,) then it's got to be unscented and in a huge bottle that was $2.00 or less. If it's hinted with a touch of fragrance or the lotion comes out pink he won't touch it. ( May turn him gay)

Oh yes.. Candles. One of my hugest weaknesses. Why? I don't know. They're pretty, come in all different fragrances, light up the room, are decorative and my personal favorite reason, you can blend them! Light up a strawberry scented candle and a vanilla one, Strawberry-cream! How about Pumpkin and Vanilla, Pumpkin pie! My neighbor, who also happens to be my boyfriends cousin, loves... LOVES the smell of coffee, but doesn't drink it. So he buys coffee candles. Some smell like you've just walked into a Starbucks.

Soaps. I know.. a weird fetish of mine. It all started when i worked for an all natural skin care company. As I learned that the sudsing agents in the bar soaps we buy at the typical grocery stores are an additive, which in turn are way too harsh for our skin. I started to purchase a few bars at a time from the place I worked. Every month they had a new "special" soap. My favorites were: Lilac, smelled exactly like you standing in a lilac bush, very relaxing and reminded me of spring. Then there was ginger-papaya a very sweet - full smell and they had little papaya beads in there to exfoliate, this one smelled so good I wanted to eat it. Then Christmas time came and they had a peppermint-sage. It was actually green and red! The peppermint helped to really make you feel clean and cool all over, while the sage offered a warm feeling to the soap. I handed these out to all the females in my family over Christmas and they all wanted more as soon as they ran out. Ever since I worked at this company I cannot get over buying homemade or all natural soaps where and whenever I see them. They smell yummy and they are way better for your skin than a commercial soap bar. And in being natural they all have something to contribute to your skin, leaving all natural oils behind. Lavender is perfect for every skin type.
Bubble Bath. I'm sorry, I just can't get enough of this stuff. Even if it's a scent that appals me, I would still use it, just because I love bubble baths that much! The bubbles ,the light fragrance. The fact I can use my natural soap with a lavender scented soy candle on the counter and some music playing while I lay back with cucumbers on my eyes.. I can't think of a better feeling. I remember to turn the phone off more often while bathing then while sleeping. Comes in infinity amount of fragrances, with an infinity amount of skin soothing benefits, I love the stuff and will ask for bottles and bottles of it for Christmas!

So although i may not splurge into things which most people fall prey too, i have my own little battle going on with these goodies. Sorry about no room for your stuff in the bathroom honey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home