Saturday, May 17, 2008

AGE of CONAN - Early Acess Disappointing

I was VERY excited for this game to come out. I pre-ordered it and paid extra to get early acess to the game. I downloaded the GIANT file, Larger than both DDO (Dungeons and Dragons Online) AND LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) put together. It took over 12 hours for the download with an uber fast connection and a decent computer. The next day I was pretty much downloading any patches that we needed while awaiting the 17th of May when us early acess people could finally log into the game. While the nice movie trailer played yesterday and I was able to get all the way to the actually log in part. However, it wasn't yet time for release. So I was all set to go for Today (May 17th). Well, Now it's 6:36pm and I still can't get the game to work. All patches are done, everything is downloaded..blah blah blah.. And now the movie trailer plays with sound and a beautiful Black screen.. Which then mixes with some thick blue lightening and then turns into a vortex and now I have the background of some mountains and a sunset. Then some of the mountains disappear and now i have glitchy looking balloon on my screen and I cannot go any further. According to forums the patch will fix this.. now we wait again another 3.5 hours. And still it fixes nothing. There is no help on the website and the only place with any information is the tentonhammer.com. Anyways I ended up redownloading everything as some of the people on the forum suggested and guess what? NOTHING Changed. This is Bull!

The website says nothing but that they're adding yet another two servers cuz of high demand and they're glad to see that so many people are enjoying the game! :( Blah

This sucks. I'm not about to run out and get a new video card when I just watched the videos yesterday, what's going on? Very disappointed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home