Monday, January 07, 2008

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

Warning: Addicting




If you have a Ds.. go out and get this game.. NOW!
It is worth every penny!
I got this game for Christmas.. and I only asked for it because I overheard my Boyfriend's cousin ranting and raving about how good this game was. Now mind you, I never played Zelda on the classic Nintendo so this game was brand new to me.
I put it in and at first thought it would be too "little kiddish" for me because of the animation and some of the storyline, BUT that aside this game kicks butt! Just to give you some ideas. You get to draw your own maps and clues down (in case you forget and believe me, you will). For example, you'll be running around this island and it will tell you to draw a line from this marker to the tavern..then from the blue tree to the kings house... At the intersection of these lines, there will be a "secret".. so you draw these lines on your map (after you find the tree and kings house, etc) and when you get to that point you pull out your handy shovel (if you got far enough in the game to get one) and you start digging. It may be a treasure map, a crystal, a new weapon, or perhaps a hidden passageway. You use pretty much nothing but your stylus to play the game so you may want to consider a screen protector so you don't scratch it up too much.
A little hint while you're playing this game is just when you think you can't go any further or you don't understand what to do next try any damn thing because you will be surprised by what actually works. Example.. "Figure out a way to get the candles to go out and you will have opened the door". I stared at the screen and tried hitting the candles and doing a 360degree attack. I then noticed the "microphone", which i haven't used in any games so far and thought to myself..eh, what the heck. I blew in the microphone and the candle blew out on the screen!
Woot! Buy this mofo, it is awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home