Saturday, November 25, 2006

"Big and Tall"

Anyone out there a tall person besides me? I love all these shops, websites and specialty stores that label themselves "Big and Tall". Or that they "now carry talls!". BULLFECES!
Let me explain why. The average female in the U.S. is just a little under 5'4". Average male is 5'9". So what happens when all those clothing companies out there make clothes for the so called "tall" people? Most inseams are around usually 30/32-34" ( For you retards, an inseam is the measurement from the inside of the upper thigh to the bottom of the pants) So what happens when a female that is 5'6" comes into go shopping for pants? The 34" will probably fit her fine.. Since 5'6" is considered "Tall" because it's over the 5'4" average. But what happens when you're a 5'8" female or say like me, 5'10" almost 5'11"? I don't even look at the "normal" clothing because I know the style will look cute on but come up to me like crop pants or sometimes even capris.
So I spend the extra gas money and time to set a day aside to focus just on "pants shopping" And trust me, NO ONE wants to be around me while i attempt this almost always impossible task. I go to Old Navy, Gap, Kohl's, wherever it's been advertised, even once, that they "carry talls". But what happens when i get there? Same as every other place.. The pants stop a few inches ABOVE my ankles. Great for you old folks or the people that are stuck in the 80's. But I'm in my mid twenties and like to dress as "modern" as i can afford. Since the "tall" inseams in the girls section goes up to (if you're even lucky to find these) 34" then what the hell does someone do that's considered "REALLY TALL"?
I've shopped in Chicago and Mall of America.. a few times in California even and it's all the same everywhere. I found a place once that "expertly constructed to tailor to the tall woman" and there were females in there a full foot above me. Now these inseams where insanely long. Which is better than insanely short.. But then.. of course.. the top of the pants go past your bellybutton. Sorry but if i wanted that i'd just go buy fat guy pants and pull them up to there and hope the inseam still reaches the floor. What do the females do that are in this "inbetween" sizes? All i ask is all the "thug-wannabe" girls out there, is to stop buying the "longer" pants when you fit into the shorter lengths just fine. Nothing pisses me off more than being frustrated as hell i can't find anything that is long enough and walking by me goes a much shorter girl with pants that are being stepped on and ripped up.
Moving on to the guys.. Being as you figured out i'm tall, same goes for my brothers. I have an older and a younger. My younger brother just turning 14 and almost 6'2" already. My mom has to call me constantly to help her look on the internet to special order him clothes. I've gone with her shopping with him already and it's impossible. "Yes, we carry talls, come right this way". What's the inseam go up to? "Mostly 33inches, but we may have a few 34's" Riiiiiiiight, We all just look at each other and walk out of the store. Maybe we're "freaks" But i know there are plenty of people out there that ARE taller. And i must say.. look at them.. look at us.. we cannot possibly dress as nice as anyone else because the clothes just are NOT out there. If you're going to create a "big and tall" shop.. then please MAKE IT BIG AND TALL Live up to the f'n' name! Start it at 34" inseams.
I do understand we have more and more hmongs and illegal immigrants crossing over to the country everyday but HELLO what about the people that were here the whole time? Remember us? I guess if you all want us to dress up in moomoos and baggy clothes that are 5 times larger than we normally where just so we can pull them down, then so be it.
Growing up i went from girlie to tomboy..and pretty damn quick because i couldn't wear the cute clothes all my peers did. so i grabbed guys jeans.. i noticed the waist didn't go as high and they had more "leg" to them then ass. As the years went by.. i think companies caught on..that more and more girls were doing that cuz they needed to. And now we have similar styles that the guys do. I will admit one thing though.. at least where i come from.. guys do NOT come tall. I don't know if something's in the water or what but the guy i'm dating now is the first in all my life that is actually taller than me, and that is nice. Plus it helps that he doesn't say demeaning things to me like, "You'd be so hot, if you were shorter". Yeah.. sorry about that, I'm still saving up for that leg shortening operation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home